Hadrian’s Arts Trust, the organisation that brings arts activity and projects to Hadrian’s Wall World Heritage Site, has arranged a night of revelry in pubs across Hadrian’s Wall from Newcastle to Carlisle. On Tuesday October 12th at 8.00pm at pubs along Hadrian’s Wall, some of the region’s best contemporary poets and storytellers will be entertaining the customers with wit, humour and imagination in the old traditional way – at the inn.
Raise a glass to stories and poems at:
• The Cluny, Newcastle, 8.00pm with Malcolm Green and Chris Bostock
• The Bridge Hotel – Newcastle, 8.00pm with John Halliday
• The Robin Hood – near Matfen, 8.00pm with Peter Mortimer
• The Twice Brewed Inn – on the B6318, Military Road, Hadrian’s Wall above Bardon Mill, 8.00pm with Stevie Ronnie
• The Milecastle Inn – Cawfields, 8.00pm with Maureen Almond
• The Greenhead Inn – Greenhead, 8.00pm with Ellen Phethean
• Kings Head – Carlisle, 8.00pm with Penny the Poet
Bards in the Bar brings these and many other of the region’s leading lights in writing and performing to the comfortable social ambience of the local for the enjoyment of people who like to think while they drink.
This event is generously supported by The Northumberland National Park, Hadrian’s Wall Heritage and the Bards themselves.?