I’ve been working with the artist and curator Ben Jones and the community in Bensham, Gateshead on a project exploring the rich history of the Spence Watson Family and their connection to the area. One of the initial results of the project is a short audio / writing work which is currently installed at Bensham Grove Community Centre. The work came out of a participatory workshop, ‘Voices of Bensham Grove’, that I ran last month at the centre. It explores the voices of the building’s past through the writing of the participants in the workshop. The installation will be live until 27th June and it is free to visit. You can listen to the audio on Vimeo and it can also be accessed through the Spence Watson Archive Project website.
- ‘Arctica: Time and The Two-Year-Old’s Hands’ wins Best Poetry Film prize at Newlyn International Film Festival
- ‘and for you (love)’ featured as part of Sarah Bodman’s a-n Artists’ Book series
- The Arctica Tryptich to Screen at Newlyn International Film Festival
- Flow Photo exhibition opens at National Waterways Museum
- ‘and for you (love)’ Artist’s Book of Braille poems available for pre-order
- ‘Reading Rodney Graham’ Acquired by the British Library
- ‘Salmon Nets, Sandyhills’ Shortlisted in Flow Photo Competition
- Late Shows at 36 Lime Street
- ‘And For You (Love)’ Successfully Funded!
- Launch of ‘And For You (Love)’ Kickstarter Campaign
36 lime street animation arctic arctica Arctic Circle art artist books artists books audio award book apothecary book art brass book climate change collaboration commission digital durham durham book festival events exhibition festival film filmpoem free word installation lit and phil london moving image ncla newcastle new writing north online open studio performance photography poem poetry poetry film publication reading residencies residency screening writing